Our BIOTEK UP stall is suited to all organic farms, even with straw bedding. You want to convert your farm or renovate your farrowing pen, while ensuring safe farrowing? We can offer you dedicated support and a made-to-measure stall that is perfectly suited to your building.
The stall that meets the requirements of organic farming:
- The housing conditions of the animals must meet their physiological and ethological needs (movements and comfort of the animal).
- The livestock buildings must include outdoor exercise areas that are permanently accessible to the animals, and which may be covered by a canopy.
- Slatted floors authorised over a maximum of 50% of the interior surface area.
- Requirement for a hard bedding area with bedding material. This must consist of straw or suitable natural materials. It must be clean and dry.
- The minimum area for a suckling sow with piglets up to 40 days old in the buildings is 7.5 m² per sow. (Source)
Compared to the BIOTEK, the BIOTEK UP includes an elevator system.
Back to products