Permanently giving water to animals is a regulatory obligation. Beyond that, water is a fundamental element as far as physiology is concerned. For example, gestating sows which are fed with soup have important water needs. In farrowing, it is as well common to have a sow drinking more water during the hours preceding parturition. The water distribution system must be able to fulfill these needs.
What the regulations say :
« All pigs over two weeks of age must have permanent access to a sufficient quantity of fresh water». COMMISSION DIRECTIVE 2001/93/EC of 9 November 2001 amending Directive 91/630/EEC
We offer a wide choice of drinking systems fo every physiological stage : gestation, boar room, farrowing, weaning, fattening.
- Stainless steel nipple drinker with push-button for sows, pigs, boars
- Stainless steel nipple drinker for piglets, easy to push and to reach
- Drinking troughs made of stainless steel
- Constant level drinker with stainless steel tube
- Cast iron bowl with stainless steel nipple drinker
Find out more about water recommendations and drinking systems for swines on the Pork Information gateway website.
Back to products